Update on Hatch’s Death


A prisoner has  been charged over the murder of a notorious child sex killer. Damien Fowkes, 35, was arrested after Colin Hatch was allegedly taken hostage and strangled by a fellow inmate at the maximum security Full Sutton prison near York on Tuesday night. Police said that Hatch, who was serving life for the appalling sex murder of seven year old Sean Williams, was strangled to death.

Me: He got what he gave.

The young boy was snatched after going for a bike ride on a summer’s evening in 1993.
Last night the dead boy’s mother said her ex-husband, John Williams, was ‘ecstatic’ over the killing and told her: ‘Justice had finally been done.’  Lynn Williams, 53, said she felt ‘numb’ over the death.

Fowkes is alleged to have taken Hatch hostage for up to an hour before killing him with a ligature in a barricaded cell.

I hope he scared the hell out of him in that hour. He deserved to feel the same way he made his victims feel.

He will appear before magistrates in Beverley, East Yorkshire, by video-link tomorrow, Humberside Police said. Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke ordered an urgent inquiry into the death on the vulnerable prisoners’ wing at Full Sutton prison near York on Tuesday night.

Fowkes, a convicted robber, was transferred there last year from Frankland jail in Durham, another of Britain’s most secure prisons. The prison inquiry will focus on how Fowkes ended up on the same wing as a reviled paedophile. One senior source said: ‘It beggars belief that someone who has a burning hatred of paedophiles could be housed in the same wing as someone like Hatch.’

I do not know many people that do not have that burning hatred.

Hatch, 38, was serving life for the murder of Sean in North London in 1993, while on parole for a previous child sex attack.

He had a string of convictions for assaulting young boys when he was locked up in January 1994.

Jailing Hatch, Judge Nina Lowry said he was ‘highly dangerous’ and told him it was not possible to envisage a time when he could be released safely. Sentencing him at the Old Bailey, the judge said: ‘In my judgment, you should never be released back into the community while there remains the slightest danger you will reoffend.’

Unemployed Hatch, then 21, smirked when he heard the verdict.  Two years previously, he was jailed for three years for assaulting a boy of eight in almost identical circumstances.  His lawyer warned he could kill when he was released. Within 11 weeks of being paroled in April 1993, Hatch fulfilled that chilling prediction.

We no longer have to worry about Hatch getting out again! He is not able to hurt anymore little boys. Good riddance to bad garbage.

Sean was abducted, sexually assaulted and choked to death after Hatch lured him to his tower block home in Norfolk Close, Finchley, North London. A postman discovered the youngster’s body taped up in bin liners and dumped in a lift.

Since the Huntley incident,  several social networking tribute pages have been set up ‘in  honour’ of Fowkes, praising him for the attack. Fowkes is due to stand trial for attempted murder at Newcastle Crown Court in July.

Source

I am sorry that Fowkes was the one that did it since he is now facing murder charges. I am happy that there will never another little boy murdered by Hatch.

  1. March 6th, 2011
    Trackback from : About To Hatch

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: