WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Police have found the remains of a Walnut Creek woman who was kidnapped, raped and murdered by the serial killer known as the I-5 Strangler in 1977.
Walnut Creek police said Monday that a Napa County sheriff’s deputy found the body of 21-year-old Ellen Burleigh in a dry riverbed near Lake Berryessa.
Roger Reece Kibbe was convicted of murder of Burleigh and five other women in 2009. As part of a plea agreement, he agreed to help locate her body.
The Contra Costa Times reports Burleigh disappeared after meeting Kibbe to talk about a secretary job opening.
Kibbe was in prison for strangling a teen prostitute when San Joaquin County prosecutors charged him in 2009 with murdering six women and dropping their bodies along freeways between 1977 and 1987.
I hope that finding her body gives the family and friends some peace.
France police are on high alert since it is rumored that suspected serial killer / known rapist Larry Murphy is going to try hiding out there since hiding out in other places around Europe did not work.
SUSPECTED serial killer Larry Murphy has fled Ireland again after spending three weeks holed up in Dublin hotels.
Authorities here breathed a sigh of relief today after the rapist left the jurisdiction without incident.
But police in France are now on high alert after it was reported that Murphy (46) had decided to relocate to Paris for the moment.
Since being freed from jail last year he has moved around Europe staying in both Amsterdam and Spain for extended periods.
He is reportedly staying in the ‘red light districts’ and trying to avoid contact with people. I can not imagine why unless he is slightly afraid that someone might kill him.
Murphy remains the chief suspect for the disappearance of several Irish women in the 1990s.
He has been linked to the cases of Annie McCarrick (26), Jo Jo Dullard (21) and Deirdre Jacob (18) all of whom went missing without trace.
He has served 10 years in prison for the horrific rape and attempted murder of a Carlow businesswoman, but was released last August.
He did not undergo any significant rehabilitation treatment while behind bars and detectives feared that he may strike again.
A video from when he was released.
Joseph Nasso’s preliminary hearing has been postponed until Sept. 9, 2011 so that he has more time to prepare his case.
Nasso is the 77 year old who is defending himself against charges that he killed four women: Roxene Roggasch, 18, dumped between Fairfax and Woodacre in 1977; Carmen Colon, 22, found near Port Costa in 1978; Pamela Parsons, 38, found in Yuba County in 1993; and, Tracy Tafoya, 31, found in Yuba County in 1994.
A video about Nasso
In Germany a man being called only Jan O or the Cannibal Killer has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
(CBS/AP) BERLIN – German man Jan O., dubbed the “cannibal killer” after he confessed to eating the flesh and drinking the blood of one of his teenage victims, has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.
The 26-year-old, whose last name has been withheld in accordance with German privacy laws, was convicted in Goettingen state court of two counts of murder Monday for the November slayings of a 14-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy.
During the trial the defendant confessed to licking blood from a wound of the girl and biting flesh from her neck. He killed the boy five days later.
DAPD news agency reports Presiding Judge Ralf Guenther says the murders showed an “almost unimaginable dimension of criminality.”
According to Sky News , Jan O. had lured a victim identified only as “Nina B.” into the woods intending to rape her, but instead cut her throat. He returned to visit the body several times, and during one return visit, took the life of his second victim, named “Tobias L.”
The boy was allegedly sexually assaulted before being stabbed to death.
Jan O. admitted to committing “vampiristic” acts both before and after they died, Sky News reports, adding that the perpetrator apologized to the victim’s families and said: “I don’t know what came over me.”
Defense attorney Markus Fischer says he’s considering an appeal.
How can there be an appeal when Jan O confessed to drinking blood and apologized the way that he did? Appeal What?
Another article has even more disturbing information.
Nina had gone missing in mid-November 2010 after she ran away from home. According to O.’s confession, he lured the young girl into the woods with the intend to rape her. But he instead hit her on the head with a beer bottle before slashing her throat.
As the girl died, according to the confession, O. ate flesh from her wounds and drank her blood. “I did not want sex anymore, just flesh and blood. The taste of it made me addicted,” O. wrote in his confession, details of which shocked the European nation.
In the days after the brutal murder, O. returned to the body several times and repeatedly took advantage of her. He also filmed several clips with his mobile phone as he touched the lifeless body.
In addition, a message was found on O.’s Facebook page in which he said: “Slaughtered a girl yesterday. One everyday until they catch me.” O.’s other online profiles indicated he was looking to meet girls between the ages of 10 and 16.”
In the days after Nina’s murder, during one of his visits to the corpse, O. came across Tobias who he mistook for a young girl. He kidnapped him and stabbed him to death when he discovered that Tobias was a boy, not a girl. Although there is evidence to indicate that Tobias was still sexually assaulted, O. denied this and said he rejects homosexual acts.
That article also goes on to state that even though he was given a life sentence he could be released one day if he is no longer considered a threat. That is insane.